Monday, April 4, 2011

FORK!!!!!



It's a fork...not a spoon or a knife..not even a spork. It's that thing right in the middle of our way that makes us stop and think...sometimes too much. It's a decision marker. Make your decision here. Take your time...it's not moving. Left, right...over or under? You decide...and remember it's only a decision. You can change your mind. It happens. You could hit another fork in the road tomorrow. You'll have to make another decision. Maybe making decisions make you uncomfortable...worrying about the unknown...worrying about how this decision will affect your life or other's lives. It's fork. It's ok...just do what you think is right for you. Go ahead....the next fork is wating.

20 comments:

Lotus said...

LOL! Yes, there is always a fork in the road...finish with this one and another one pops up just down the road or around the next corner. I just have to pick a tine and move on my way.

And you are absolutely right...there will always be another, and another, and another. The second fork dropped into my roadway this evening and I don't want it there at all! Life is a series of fucks...ah, ah, I mean forks!

Thank you, Jack, for all your advice and support. You are social worker to the social worker. LOL

Lotus said...

Where did you get that picture of the fork in the road? So cute!

-Sir Jack said...

OH no...not another Fork??!! Yeah, they are neverending...like a parade of pointy cutlery. hehe. So what's the new fork today??

I found the pix on google images...Thanks, but I didn't take it.

Lotus said...

OK, I typed out a looong statement and lost it! Damn! I will respond, but it will have to wait until tomorrow or something. I cannot write that thing again tonight.

Lotus said...

On a brighter note, I decided how to deal with my other issue. I grabbed the fork and am eating with it! chomp...chomp
...chomp

I am requesting an exemption to the first field placement, as I contend that I did all of it when I worked in Rhinelander as a social worker under a training certificate. I have the proof to back up my claims, as there is documentation at the state department of licensing. I believe my doing this again is redundant.

Now it is in their hands. If I get an exemption, great, I'll finish the program. If not, I will leave the program when I complete my current class in five weeks. Either way, win win for me!

-Sir Jack said...

Hi Lotus, that is a great solution to your "fork." And yes, it's win-win for you. I don't see the point in repeating what you did already...time is important-don't waste it. I wonder if they understand the word "comprimise?"
That's what you'll beoth need to do to make this work out.

Lotus said...

I agree with you Jack, unfortunately the program advisor does not agree with us. So I thanked her for her denial and then I emailed the Part-time MSW coordinator and advised her that I would be leaving the MSW program at the end of this semester. I haven't looked to see if she responded, as I believe she'll want to meet with me on a Saturday and "discuss" the issue, but I am firm in my resolve.

So...it looks like my summer will be free and full of long weekends (we start our 4 day work week at the end of May). We should start planning for a long women's weekend up north. Think that Betty is interested?

-Sir Jack said...

The system is flawed Lotus. They need to adjust their curriculum for seasoned SW'ers such as you! Maybe you taking a stand will get them to see the problem. I hope. Long weekend with women? *grins* Sounds fun... Count me in!

Lotus said...

This has been a red letter week for me! I was driving home from work this afternoon thinking I am not going to fight a battle that I cannot win (meaning: school thing). At one point I said out loud to myself, "There is no point in beating my head against a brick wall; the wall will not break."

Lotus said...

I get home and am taking my stuff out of the passenger side and when I closed the door I slipped and started to fall. I then hit my head on large rock. I have a huge swelling on my left eye/forehead that is now black and blue (purple).

I think this is the Universe agreeing with my prior assessment of the situation...the brick wall analogy. Thanks for supporting me, Universe!

Lotus said...

I called my daughter and had her drive me to the Dr. All seems OK...no blood behind eyeball, no apparent bone fractures (although sometimes this isn't noticed at first), and I did not lose consciousness. I just look like I was in a bar brawl! Which I have always wanted to be in. LOL

If you ever have the choice, I would NOT choose head hitting rock.

-Sir Jack said...

I'm glad you're ok Lotus!! The universe is trying to tell you something- stop banging you're head against the wall. This is pretty loud and clear. You're having an extra crappy week... Sorry it's been tough.

You will have that injury to remind you for at least another week. Hope you heal up quick!!!

-Sir Jack said...

Lol, I still can't believe that happened... Ouch.

Lotus said...

Jack, you emailed you a pic of my eye. The color is awesome!

Lotus said...

Sorry, "I" emailed "you" a pic. LOL Blame it on my head injury.

-Sir Jack said...

Got your Bootiful photo... You look nasty. You should come down and protest with me at the capitol. We could claim that you were hit by some "free-range" Prosser votes.

Seriously- I'm glad you're ok!!!!

Lotus said...

LOL! I could say that Walker attacked me!

-Sir Jack said...

Yeah or by the Koch brothers... Or Fitzgerald brothers. ;-)

Lotus said...

Happy Birthday to Betty! How OLD does that make you? LIL!

Don't worry, you'll never be as old as Sir Jack, Who's, and I. Doesn't that make you feel better?

Blaznfire911 said...

I'm peeking the last post made... Love you and miss you guys!
xoxo