Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day Trip to Milwaukee Public Museum


Last week during spring break we drove to Milwaukee
to see the Titanic artifact exhibit. Unfortunately, photos
of the exhibit were not allowed. So, I'll show you some of the
other things we saw while we were there.


A pygmy staring contest.


Shrunken head neckwear.
Soon to be all the rage!!!


A display of a wild herd covered in sheets of plastic -
running from painters and a distant fake fire.


Native American pow wow.


Dinner with Fido in Old World Milwaukee.


Live butterfly exhibit...on a finger!!


Baby bird antics.


People waiting for the Titanic exhibit.


Museum patron chatting with a statue in Old World Milwaukee.

Hope you enjoyed the trip...thanks for coming along!
~Cheers!!

6 comments:

Lotus said...

Great pics, Jack! Some of those people look familiar. Hmmm.

-Sir Jack said...

Lotus, I knew you'd recognize that pygmy!!

Robbi said...

Great Photo's!!!

I did not see my Gramma in the pictures of Old World! LOL!!!
She is the one on the porch in a rocker.

-Sir Jack said...

Hi Robbi, nice to see you on the Island. You know I thought I took a picture of her...and I didn't. I was bummed too. I'm sure she'll be there when you go next time...she's been there for years!! ROFLMAO!!!!

Lawgirl said...

Hi Jack. I hope you are doing well. I haven't been over here in a while. Great pics! I saw the Titanic exhibit when I was in Vegas, and it was surreal to know that I was standing next to something that was actually a part of the Titanic. I am wondering if you felt the same. Take care!!

-Sir Jack said...

Hi Lawgirl-how are you doing?? Thanks for stopping by. So you saw the exhibit in LV? Did they let you take pix?? Did you survive?? I did!

It WAS surreal. It really brings you closer to the whole Titanic experience. It was even more surreal when the museum alarm went off while we were in the exhibit..."Emergency Conditions...please exit the building." No one was hurrying to get out...it felt like the alarm was part of the Titanic exhibit. People around me slowly finished what they were reading or viewing and decided to leave.

I was flabbergasted as people walked past the fire door to the regular stairs to leave...WTH...use the flippin' fire exits people!!

Needless to say, we exited through the Fire Exit (where I set off another alarm opening the door LOL) and were allowed back in within 10-15 minutes. Yeah, that was surreal too! LMAO, you had to be there!!