
I could say that the above photo has similar service as my new cell phone...but that would be a stretch. Phones have come a loooong way. The way we communicate these days just blows my mind.
I grew up in the age of dials, then push buttons. The phone would be connected to the wall on a very short "leash." Then they came out with the long stretchy cord that would connect the handset to the base. It brings back memories of jump rope LOL. I remember my brother and sisters being engaged in long conversations on the phone taking place in a closet within distance of the long phone cord, around the corner of the room where the phone was attached to the wall. The temptation of pushing down the disconnect button and running for my life always popped up in my head. Sometimes I'd act on that temptation... push the button down, hear the anger of being disconnected coming from the closet, hear the closet door burst open and see the long stretched out cord become limp....RUN, run for my life!!!
Now the phones are cordless. The excitment of being chased for my life is gone. These days, the excitement is in finding the phone that was taken off it's base charger and left somewhere in the house....
the sound of the electronic beeps and tones muffled off in the distance....
now I run, run for the phone....
to read the caller ID before the answering machine picks it up.
I recently purchased a new cell phone. Now that's another leap in technology I love!
It has a camera, video camera, recorder, omg...I feel like it does everything!!
It's awesome. The excitement this phone brings is...dropping it!!
It falls in slow-motion...is there time to fumble and catch it....NO...it bounces...and tumbles to a resting spot on the pavement.
Heart races...does it work? YES!!!
Next time I may not be so lucky.
Have a great week all and thanks for landing on the Island.
4 comments:
LOVE the picture Jack! I used those headsets the guys are wearing when I was copying morse code in the Army. Ah, memories, light the corners of my mind, misty water colored memories, of the way we were...
I'm glad you loved the photo Lotus! It was my blog inspiration!
I'd love to see a pix of you in those headphones...have one??
That picture cracks me up!
I can't believe that's how they used to communicate! I feel spoiled with my battered down cell phone!!
I am getting rid of my home phone this week, and going straight to using just the cell. Trouble is this...
I need a new phone! My current phone is 5 years old, hot pink, and still has an antena. I am LUCKY that is has an antena, cause its pretty much lost everything else LMAO!
It has no screen on the outside, has been dropped more times than I can count, and is duct taped together at the back!
Why is it duct taped you ask?
WELL...I got drunk at a Def Leperd concert 3 years ago, and dropped it over the railing...found the phone, but lost the back of it. LOL
So you see my dilema? I need a new phone!
That's a great story Vix!! I hope you get a new phone soon, love!! Duct tape...TFF!!
Post a Comment