Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Musée d'Orsay



This first photo is especially for Cranky!!!




Musée d'Orsay...welcomes you...and a big "Bonjour" to you too!




This museum was a railway station called Gare d'Orsay.
It was renovated around 1980-86 into this art museum that best known
for it's impressionism collection.







Renoir




The scale of some paintings was incredible.
This is a painting of Paris. I don't remember who the artist was, sorry.




I loved this one. Alfred Sisley.




????




Monet




Degas




Degas




They had a section in the museum for art that needed special lighting
so that the art wouldn't be damaged by harmful light spectrum.
No camera flash allowed...or you would be escorted to who knows where!
This photo is un-retouched.




With the magic of PhotoShop we can see it a little better.




Toulouse Lautrec. I never knew this painting was that big!!



One of his drawings in the "special lighting" area.
Unretouched photo.




Adjusted photo to see his drawing better!




One of my favorite painters...Vincent Van Gogh







One of Van Gogh's more famous self portraits...




and one not so famous. Notice the background in both.
Interesting...starry sky in one....wavy lines in the other.
Put them together and you get his famous painting "Starry Night."




The museum had huge clocks...I mean HUGE!
The view through them was spectacular.
In the distance you can see Basilique du Sacré-Cœur,
"Basilica of the Sacred Heart"




That ends our quick tour of d'Orsay!
There is so much to see and we just scratched the surface.

For more info about Musée d'Orsay
and info on Impressionism.

Thanks for taking the tour & coming to the Island!
Have a great day all!

13 comments:

Vickie said...

Oooh, I LOVED Orsay (Impressionist is my favorite art movement)! I may have to copy you and post my pictures too! (If that's ok with you)

-Sir Jack said...

Cranky...no that's cool! I'd love to see what you have-I'll check your blog if it's not private. I love Impressionism too! To see these paintings & sculptures with your own eyes is mind blowing! The CoLoRs!!!

Working Slob said...

YAY! A trip to France! How exciting. Keep them coming Jack.

Vickie said...

Cool - when I get home tonight, I'll post some of my pics from Orsay. I agree about seeing them in person - they're just amazing. Musee d'Orangerie was my favorite, but I've loved Monet's Water Lilies for as long as I can remember. Being able to see it in person was nearly an out of body experience. :D

And, my blog is public, so c'mon over!

-Sir Jack said...

Geez, did you loves blog on while I was building this page?? LOL
I'm done now!! Take a new look! *smiles*

Vickie said...

Beautiful photos, Jack!

Makes me want to go back to Paris. *sigh*

Blaznfire911 said...

OKay, so know I feel all ejumacated!!!

I do love art though, and those photos are just wonderful!

Thanks for sharing, and brightening my day!

Lotus said...

Wow, Jack! Love the pictures! That must have been an amazing trip!!!

A trip to Paris would be nice, but I'm going to Billings, MT! LOL!

2 1/2 days until take off.

Lotus said...

Jack, did you check out Cranky's picture yet? They are awesome, like yours!

As I told Cranky, you and Cranky share a remarkable resemblance!

-Sir Jack said...

Hi all!

Thanks Cranky, I loved your d'Orsay blog! I added a new pix...one I forgot...just for you!

Blazn, glad to brighten your day, love!

Lotus, it was a fun trip! I'm sure you will have fun in Billings! I've never been and I look forward to seeing your pix!! Yeah, Cranky & I do look alike! LMAO

Christine said...

Bonjour mon ami ~

Ces merveilleux art. Le mouvement d'art impressionniste est celle que je préfère ainsi.

Philadelphia Museum of Art Van Gogh avait l'une des peintures il ya quelques années et j'ai eu la chance de les voir. Sir Jack Merci pour la merveilleuse visite.

Translation ~

Hello my friend,
Such wonderful art. The Impressionist art movement is my favorite as well.

Philadelphia Museum of Art had Van Gogh's paintings there a few years back & I was fortunate enough to see them. Thanks Sir Jack for the wonderful tour.

Suz said...

I love Van Gogh....I love the pics you took! Thanks for sharing them! Sadly, I will probably never get the opportunity to travel that-a-way. Vicarious living rocks! :)

Vickie said...

Just for me?? Why, shucks! Thanks, Jack! Those two were among my favorites at the museum. :D