Monday, September 22, 2008

International Day of Peace...with Rocks



Our mystery blogger, Lotus, sent me this photo.
I felt that it was perfect for this blog.
September 21 was International Day of Peace, aka Peace Day.

"Since its inception, Peace Day has marked our personal and planetary progress toward peace. It has grown to include millions of people in all parts of the world, and each year events are organized to commemorate and celebrate this day. Events range in scale from private gatherings to public concerts and forums where hundreds of thousands of people participate.

Anyone, anywhere can celebrate Peace Day. It can be as simple as lighting a candle at noon, or just sitting in silent meditation. Or it can involve getting your co-workers, organization, community or government engaged in a large event. The impact if millions of people in all parts of the world, coming together for one day of peace, is immense.

International Day of Peace is also a Day of Ceasefire – personal or political. Take this opportunity to make peace in your own relationships as well as impact the larger conflicts of our time. Imagine what a whole Day of Ceasefire would mean to humankind."
Source: International Day of Peace

Thank you, Lotus, for lending your beautiful photo!

Peace to all Island blog visitors!
I hope you celebrate Peace Day in some way this week.

8 comments:

Lotus said...

Nice topic, Sir. I am a fervent believer that peace begins at home. So, that said, I wish everyone a peace filled day in their own homes!

-Sir Jack said...

Thanks Lotus! My home is very peaceful today.

Your "peace rocks" photo is is very serene. Love it, love! Thanks again, for lending it!

Everyone should get outside today and enjoy the weather...that's an order!!
*big smile*

shakenbsis said...

LOVE that photo Lotus, LOVE IT!

Blaznfire911 said...

Happy belated peace day!!

I celebrated by not arguing with anyone today at work heehee!!!

Loved your photo lotus!

calypso said...

Lotus, I really like your photo! I love rocks! Stacking rocks is a fun balancing game with nature. Have you tried it?

Have a peaceful week!

-Sir Jack said...

Hi Shakes, Blazn', & Calypso!

Shakes-Lotus is a natural at photography, isn't she!

Blazn'-good one, not arguing at work. That can be a tough one to do. LOL

Calypso-are you one of those rock stackers, love? LOL They are cool!

Robbi said...

Love the photo Lotus!!!
Thanks for sharing...

My peace was spread by niceness!

Hope everyone has some peace in there life....

Lotus said...

Awww, you guys are all so sweet! Thanks for the compliments. Jack, a "natural" at photography? I WISH! I think the hardest part of taking a good picture is having a good camera! LOL! But thanks for the compliment!