A few months ago I promised that I would put up more pix of the Wausau Chalkfest...well, here it is! At the Wausau Chalkfest, there were families, couples, friends and groups of artists working together on colorful images at the city square. People were laughing, oohing and ahhhing over each drawing as they walked by admiring the temporary art. We were all glad it wasn't raining!!
Do you remember all the things you drew with chalk? Games like tic tac toe, hopscotch, hangman and 4 square? Stories, poems, words...and eventually, bad words LOL. All I needed was a piece of chalk and I was off scrawling on the cement. What memories of playing with chalk are coming back to you now?
Thanks for landing on the Island!
Now, go buy some chalk and have some fun!
Do you remember all the things you drew with chalk? Games like tic tac toe, hopscotch, hangman and 4 square? Stories, poems, words...and eventually, bad words LOL. All I needed was a piece of chalk and I was off scrawling on the cement. What memories of playing with chalk are coming back to you now?
Thanks for landing on the Island!
Now, go buy some chalk and have some fun!
10 comments:
Okay....so on Friday night at the Lurth I recounted my "chalk"tales!!
Here it is for you!
Last year, on Halloween, I decided to write on my sidewalk with that sidewalk chalk stuff.
My hubby hated it! He is very protective of his driveway and sidewalk.
Anyway... I decided to write little scary sayings on the sidewalk, and then I had a brilliant idea!!
I wrote "BEWARE" on the side of my house....on the aluminum siding!
Well...it's a year later, and it is STILL THERE!!!!!!!!!!
Needless to say...when it gets dark....the neighbors get a chuckle!!! My hubby does not!! LOL
Oppps I meant at the Kurth....not lurth LOL
Blazn...that's a BIG ooops! It is kind of funny though, although I understand that the hubby is not thrilled. Just remind him that this Halloween you will not have to re-do the house chalk, as it is still there!
I am sad to admit that I do not have any chalk stories that are at all interesting! We were too poor growing up to afford extra chalk, so we really didn't get the opportunity to do anything with it. Maybe I'll think of something if I put my mind to it!
Jack, thanks for all the pics. Kind of makes me feel guilty that I live close to Wausau and have only seen the Chalk Fest once...and that was by accident!
Blazn', you never cease to amaze me. I like your idea for scary sayings on the sidewalk...but the house is TFF!
Maybe you should do a mural on that side of the house and blend in that "BEWARE?"
Lotus, no chalk stories? Oh well, you've got some make up time with your grandbaby...you can draw on the sidewalk with her!!
Don't feel guilty about Chalkfest... there's lots of things around Madison that I don't get around to!!
Thanks for stopping by to see the pix...sorry it's over 8 min. Yikes!!
Hey Jack! I LOVE chalk! I love making things with chalk and I loved playing with chalk. I used to make hopscotch squares all over my driveway.
Miss you guys in the cabin! I'll swing by and say hi!
Thanks, Judge! You reminded me of the other reason we didn't do a lot of stuff with chalk...we had a dirt driveway! That was eventually covered in gravel---can't write on either.
But I did remember the only time I used chalk on our sidewalk---remember the sidewalk story? My tiny shoe prints in the wet concrete! A couple of times I took regular chalk (skinny chalk) out to the sidewalk and signed my name by the shoeprints. Just like at the Chinese Theater! I also outlined my hands above the shoe prints! LOL!
Hey Judge-good memories! Thanks for stopping by!
Lotus, our little star!! What a sweet story, love!! Thanks for sharing it!!
I forgot to come back and read this again LOL
My hubby has forbidden me for using ANY chalk in the future! So alas...making a mural is out of the question.
We have even power washed it, and it is still there LMAO!!
Post a Comment