Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Welcome to the Hard Rock Café...Chicago!



Have you been to any of the Hard Rock Cafes?
Here's some back ground info...
It was founded in London, 1971.
It's current owners are the Florida Seminole tribe. Really!
There are more than 143 Hard Rock Cafes in over 36 countries at present,
with several more in the works.

Here we go, downtown Chicago!!



As you probably know, each HRC is filled with music memorabilia.
Above is Bono's vest.




A very nice wall decorated with Cheap Trick instruments...
Hey, they're from Rockford! Not that far from Madison or Chicago!



Stevie Ray Vaughan's Fender...RIP Stevie!
He was an soulful guitarist!!



Big view from the upstairs level...I'll show you a few more...




The upstairs seems to be reserved.
It was empty the night we had dinner there.
Many great items to be seen up there too!



A costume from Madonna's Virgin tour.




Shot of the main floor. Music videos playing on monitors around the room.




The bar...complete with drum kit...forgot who's it was. LOL




This booth had some Louie Armstrong and Cab Calloway items...very cool!




A nice grouping of animation cells from Pink Floyd's movie, The Wall.
RIP Richard Wright, keyboards. He recently passed away...cancer.




I think this was a music box that belonged to Elvis Presley.

There was soo much to see and enjoy!
The food and drinks were sooo good that I ended up at the ER later that evening!
Not their fault!! Really!

Head over to the Wikipedia site for more info...
Hard Rock Café

Thanks for landing on the Island and taking the tour!!

6 comments:

Lotus said...

Cool Jack! Do you get to pick your own table/seating? If so, I would have sat by Cab Calloway's stuff! "Minnie the Moocher"

-Sir Jack said...

No, they seat you, but I bet if you asked they would seat you there! We sat across from that booth. Do you remember Cab Calloway in the Blues Brothers movie? He did "Minnie the Moocher" and was great! The guy had class!

shakenbsis said...

Awesome tour Sir, surprised you could return to the scene of the crime so quickly... ;)

I know they didn't do it to you, but... the association woudl be strong for me! LOL

Blaznfire911 said...

Very cool photos !! I have never been to the hard rock cafe. I have been to Planet HOllywood though....don't know if they are virtually the same thing or not.

I haven't really seen much of Chicago at all. I went up the sears tower once when I was on vacation, and to the place where the jelly belly thing is.

Thats about it!

The photos you took are VERY cool! Thanks for clarifying that the food didn't send you to the ER LOL...not laughing at you...just what you wrote...hee hee hee hee!!!

Hope you are doing better!!

-Sir Jack said...

LOL, yeah, Shakes! The association is strong, I might shy away from HRC next time someone wants to go!

Thanks Blazn', Planet Hollywood is so similar that HRC filed suit against PH. So you took the Jelly Belly tour? *big smile*

calypso said...

Very cool Jack! I love those rock n roll places. Now I know what the scene of the crime looked like too.


Darn it Blazn', now I have a craving for jelly bellies!! LMAO