Monday, December 1, 2008

Aurora Borealis

- When the winter months come, I usually look to the night sky more often. The stars seem brighter and the sky seems deeper. I've only seen the aurora borealis once. I wish it would appear more often in the Wisconsin skies.



Aurora Borealis ... I believe this one is from England.
Watch the stars move in the background.




Aurora Borealis over Antartica




Aurora Borealis over northern Wisconsin, September 2005.




About Aurora Borealis


I will be off the Island for a while... enjoy these while I'm gone....
and thanks for landing on the Island!!!
~Cheers, loves!!

6 comments:

Blaznfire911 said...

Your comment posting thingy dissapeared again LOL

I would LOVE to see the Northern Lights, but alas...I have not!

There is something so mystical, spiritual, and calming to them!

Have fun!!!

Movie Star Wife said...

Thanks for the videos, Jack. I saw the Northern Lights only once. We were driving between Madison and West Bend. There was a HUGE detour and we were out in the middle of nowhere. When I first saw it, I thought it was some kind of laser light show. Like the kind you would see at Epcot center or something. Then I realized that it was taking up way too much space. Then I knew what it was. When I saw them, they looked like lots of lines that kept changing. They were green. So cool. I've longed to see them again.

-Sir Jack said...

Ohhh crap Vix, is that comment thing happening again? The northern lights ARE pretty amazing!! Thanks for stopping by!!

-Sir Jack said...

MSW- great story, love!! I had something similar happen to me...I saw green lights moving in the night sky through my sunroof. I'd never seen anything like it before. It was beautiful!! I haven't seen the lights for about six years...they seem to be rare in our area!! I'm looking forward to the next time they come back too!!

Lawgirl said...

I've don't know that I've ever seen the Northern Lights, although I have always wanted to. Thanks for posting the videos. They are really cool.

I hope you had a good time in the Windy city!

-Sir Jack said...

Thanks for visiting the Island Lawgirl!!

The windy city was pretty windy and cold this time around!!
Good to be back in Wisconsin...like the weather is any different. LMAO