Monday, June 16, 2008

Jardin du Luxembourg...tree people!

G'morning all!
Last week the subject of the Wizard of Oz came up. Many of you remarked on the scary trees that grabbed people. That reminded me of my last visit to Paris, I came across one of these trees in the Jardin du Luxembourg. It was very tall and somewhat menacing. As far as I could tell, it was made of rusty steel. If this bugger ever grabbed you in the dark, it would scratch you limb to limb and give you nasty case of tetnus!

Well I'm off to continue searching for my ship the Mother of Pearl. Carry on loves!! (as you always do! *wink*)

15 comments:

Lotus said...

Well, Sir Jack, Paris.....you certainly are the well traveled man about town! I didn't know you had so much class! :D I have to say, that Paris tree is one creepy thing. It looks like it's walking! Thanks (I think) for sharing.

Oh, yea, you and your duck-footed, pies roaming the streets in dreams go me going now. Not dreaming of duck-footed pies, but of huge sailing pirate ships. ;p

-Sir Jack said...

Lotus, love...the tree was very creepy! Had I been a groundskeeper there, I would have had fun with it...would've moved them to a new location in the garden every night. That would get the regular visitors going...eh?

You've been dreaming about ships love? Would you've seen the Mother of Pearl in one of yer dreams?

Lotus said...

I may have seen her, Jack. Not sure though. Does she have any distinquishing characteristics about her? Ex: Is she really covered in Mother of Pearl? 'Cause that would stick in my memory! The monkeys were there, and Minxie, and you, and Auntie Em and....

-Sir Jack said...

Lotus, my ship's distinguishing feature is it's inlaid mother of pearl on the wheel. Oh, and one more current outstanding feature is the crew on deck...the ping-guins who stole 'er.

Love, did you get any rain up in Wausau this weekend? Did you celebrate Father's Day with your loved ones?

PS-you'll sleep better if you'd stop eating those meat pies so close to bed time, dearie.

Lotus said...

I don't think it's the pies Jack, I think it's the rum! Yo ho ho and a bottle ... Yes, thanks, had a nice Father's Day. And how about you, doll, was your day a nice one? Wausau area got some light rain last evening/night. You never answered my previous (caring) questions about if you and yours are OK after the floods. Though I hide it well, I DO care Sir Jack!

Lotus said...

Jack, that metal tree reminds me of that human body tour that's been going around recently. Gross!

-Sir Jack said...

Lotus, my love. I faired well throughout the many storms here. I consider myself very lucky!!
*toasts*

About those Body Tours... I don't think I could ever attend one...I have a weak stomach and an overactive imagination.
*nearly vomits*

Lotus said...

Ha, ha! Me too, Jack! I saw the book and thought, "What the hell is this good for!?!" (Pardon my French.) If I saw it in person I'd be thinking, how did so-and-so die? And, did they think they would be posed, shellacked, and displayed for entertainment purposes? YUCK-O!! And by vomitting, you mean throughing up a hairball, right?

Glad that you and family were lucky enoough not to be flooded. I fell bad for the others who were not so fortunate. Are you posting tonight?

Lotus said...

"throughing" - Meant throwing.

-Sir Jack said...

If I went to the "body" show, I'd be thinking the whole time...

"I'm glad I'm not that sod."

"I wonder how many sheets to the wind they were when they signed the "body donor" form."

"OMG it's the undead monkey's owner."

"Alright, now that just flippin' freaky."

-Sir Jack said...

Lotus-I should be around tonight, here and at Minxie's.

shakenbsis said...

Vewwwy skaaaawwwy!!!!! ewwwwww... to the tree not the Body stuff, I think I might like that! ; )

Blaznfire911 said...

Well now.... you are quite the traveler!

That thing is scary! I would freak out if it touched me AT ALL!

CaptainJack said...

Sir Jack, mate...

All this time I thought you were a sly sea dog, and yer really a cat.

Never woulda guessed it, mate, truly. Yer a pirate after me own heart. Hats off to you!

As for the Mother of Pearl: I think this tree creature must know something about it. If that doesn't look like kin to something that came outta the depths, I don't know what does! Good luck finding yer ship...if I see it on any of me travels, I'll run the interlopers through.

-The Captain

shakenbsis said...

Hey Sir,
I psoted this over at Minxie's and then decided to put it here instead so you can delete it yoruself!

in response to your conversation with Doc last night...

Sir! I think you should come out to the Kurth no matter what anyone else thinks. (I think I may be 'on to' you!)
Life's too short to worry about what others think [and since I'm up here on my soapbox] I also think that it's pretty hard to please everyone. Everyone that I know and love has disappointed me at one time or another. If I disowned everyone who had, I'd have no friends at all...

PS: I like both of your 'selves' if you are who I think you are! LOL