I've been shanghai'd into doing a brewery tour of Wisconsin!! ...pinch me!!...I must be dreaming!!Our first stop...
Minocqua Brewing Company
Minocqua has plenty of friendly folks with lots of great stories to share with a pint of beer! Great selection of beers! Sorry, no tours here at the moment, they're working on some fire damage around the brewing system.
Road-Kill Red Ale was near the top of my list with its caramel flavor, but it was beat out by a top-notch porter called Pudgy Possum Porter. Pudgy Possum has a warm dark glow with a hint of chocolate...(I have a soft spot for chocolate, remember?)
This Brewery was soo good we bought a "growler" of Pudgy Possum Porter for home.
Next stop....Wausau... Hereford & Hops Steakhouse & Brewpub!
6 comments:
Road Kill ? Pudgy Possum? What??!??
Ok.... the names may not be so nice... but your description of the drink is VERY appetizing!!! I hope you enjoy your little beer fest!!!!
Wishing you a great BEER filled day!
Have FUN Sir!!!
I may wanna try that Choco-Ale ;)
Sir Jack, I've been trying beers with funny names. I should go to Minocqua and try some Pudgy Possum! Sounds yummy! Have you tried some Bitter Woman? Can be purchased in bottles at grocery store. It's VERY BITTER, but the story is funny!
Thanks all, maybe I'll find a beer called Sir Choc-o-lot!!
Bitter woman? Do they really make that love? How about "Better Woman." Kind of like a beer/potion ale.
LMAO
Well, we've hit 4 breweries in the last 36 hours. Whew, now that's a lot of tasting. I think my favorite yesterday was "Bloom" at Red Eye in Wausau.
Went to Little Bohemia last night and it was really cool loves! Took lots of pix and had some great food!
One of these days I'll get around to putting up a new post!!
ps--I met one of Captain Chinstrap's crew!!! And guess what? This crewmate was not a ping-guin!!! AArrrg. I'll post his photo sometime soon!!! No sign of the Mother of Pearl up here, sad.
I love Minocqua. I'm going to retire in Hazelhurst/Minocqua part time when my husband kicks it.
Post a Comment