Saturday, June 28, 2008

Little Bohemia Day-Part 1

Here are a few photos from our evening trip to Little Bohemia.
We wandered around after dinner and found this sign leaning up
against the wall in the garage.




They had a display case in the restaurant of some Dillinger items.
(I'll
post a few pix of that in a few days) Below is an old photo of
Little Bohemia
autographed by Johnny Depp. Notice that it is screwed
into the wall?
(Lotus, I know you will be visiting Little Bo on your
vacation this week.
I don't this photo will be leaving with anyone. *wink*)




We talked to our waitress about PE filming up at Little Bo.
She said that PE worked on the sets for 6-8 weeks, Johnny was only
there for 8 days of filming. She remarked that PE still had a lot of the
actual Dillinger items and they would be returned later. That was
why they didn't have as much as they typically have displayed.
She was told that Little Bo would be edited down to maybe 10
minutes in PE.



Little Star Lake...nearly looks like any lake...except for the
embankment
in the foreground...Dillinger's escape route.
More photos to come later....

33 comments:

shakenbsis said...

Thanks for posting those pics Sir!! Very nice... It's definitely on my list next time I get a couple a days to go on a road trip...

Working Slob said...

Have fun on your latest journey!

~Minxie~ said...

Sir Jack.... love the pics! Ha ha ha... I would screw the pic into the wall too! (oh the thoughts that just ran through my naughty little mind) =0P

Glad you are having a great time..... enjoy your vacation!!!!

Hugs
Minxie

Lotus said...

Minxie!!!! I'm shocked!! Well, not really. I was thinking the same thing, probably. What a way to get more business into Little Bohemia; put up a sign that says, "JD screwed against the wall. FREE PHOTOS!" I know, that's a bit worse than my usual sweet-tart stuff! LOL

Working Slob said...

LOTUS!!! I read your comment while drinking.. not good :)

Mental note: do not have beverage in mouth when reading anything from Lotus.

Should we petition the Rock to come film here.. anything?

Lotus said...

SJ, do you really think I would try to steal that picture? I would NOT! But in case of another fire at Little Bo, I am rescuing the picture! To hell with the trapped people! :) Did they care that you took pictures? It's prob. good for business.

Thanks for thinking of me Sir. Did you notice the initials? You're SJ and I'm SL. (tee hee) My real name initials are SJW. Hummm! Have fun up nort'.

Lotus said...

HI Judge, how do we get The Rock to WI? I saw the video you posted...LOVED it! Thanks. Don't drink when you read my post on your blog, etiher! =:D

Vickie said...

Ha, Lotus, I love you!

Great pictures Sir Jack, I hope you have a great vacation!

Lotus said...

Cranky, right back at cha!

Hope you all have a good evening. I'm off to see LeAnne Rimes in concert. May I'll get some pics today!

-Sir Jack said...

Thanks for all stopping by, your well wishes and "interesting" comments. Especially you Lotus, who is looking especially green today... what goes on in that girl's mind???

Oh what a day! My eyes are stinging from sunblock, face is burned, legs are tired from biking on Madeline Island, and I'm windburned from sailing. Had 2 marguerittas at restaurant with flamingos and Christmas lights, stuff stapled to the wall (not screwed this time) everywhere...and now a storm is coming. I'm totally crispy on the edges with a mellow buzz from the 'rita!!

I'll try to get more Little Bo pix up soon...must crash now for a bit.
Be back in a while loves!!

Lotus said...

Sir Jack, toasted & burned! I hope you're not burned to a crisp; take care of you. Sailing? That's what pirates do, I guess.

And a better question to ask about me is, "What doesn't go on in that mind of hers?" :D Probably have far fewer answers to deal with!

Lotus said...

Sir Jack, I've fallen in love with your dog! He's more cute without the pirate hat.

Working Slob said...

Sir Jack -

I love Madeline Island. The candy shop has excellent carmel :) Plus, I love the Burndown Bar!! I can't wait to see your pictures and hear your adventures mate.

Safe travels to you and yours.

Lotus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lotus said...

Good morning, all! Wow, Judge, you're up early!

This is my weekend for feeling honored! First, there was Judge's video post of The Rock in my honor, and now THIS:

"LOS ANGELES (AP) — One of the most enduring images of summer in Los Angeles has all but vanished.

Only a smattering of sickly leaves remain of the lotuses that used to cover the lake in Echo Park, where the annual Lotus Festival is coming up in just two weeks."

An annual LOTUS FESTIVAL! I AM honored! Thank you. "You like me...you really, really, like me!" (bows gracefully, wiping tears of joy) I knew I made an impression years ago when I visited LA, but this is just too much!

-Sir Jack said...

G'morning loves...sorry, fell asleep last night and didn't wake up to blog. Yesterday was a blast...too much fun=too much sleep!

Lotus Festival...you must have really impressed them Lotus!! Imagine that *grins* Congratulations love!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Lotus said...

Good morning, SJ. What ya doin' today?

Working Slob said...

We should have a Lotus festival here in WI!!! And have the Rock be the honorary guest of Lotus!!

Lotus said...

Judge, what a GREAT idea!!!

Lotus said...

P.S. SR, I love the Little Star lake pic. On the shore with your sweatie at sundown...how romantic!

Blaznfire911 said...

NIce going on the pics Sir jack! I agree with Minxie..I would Totally screw that pic into the wall. In fact, once I get all my pics organzied....I am SOOOOOO doing that!

-Sir Jack said...

Vixen? You're going to...to all your pictures? Are you going to record it too love? LMFAO

shakenbsis said...

That, I'd like to see... ;)

-Sir Jack said...

Mee too! *eyebrows*

-Sir Jack said...

Monday! Last leg of our tour...will be stopping in a Capone's on the way, and a few more breweries I suspect.

Catch up with you loves later!!

Have a great Monday!!

Lotus said...

Bye, all! On my way to the little cabin in the woods. (waves)

SJ, look for me on the roadways! I'll be flying the old skull & crossbones!

Anonymous said...

Apparently I was green on saturday...with envy?...sea sick?...I don't remember...might have something to do with these empty rum bottles.

Sir Jack enjoy the rest of yer vacation, mate. Yer deserve it...ergggg!

shakenbsis said...

hi whos!
did I catch you? come join the party over at Rod's we are waiting on pins and needles... Minxie is sitting outside Johhny's trailer with 2 other people waiting for him to come out!!!!

-Sir Jack said...

Whoosy!! Thanks for stopping by mate...I've got an especially good blog for YOU coming up this week!!

So stop back for a bottle of rum and a good laugh any time!!
*waves bottle*
Cheers!

-Sir Jack said...

Shakes, thanks for pointing me in the right direction tonight!! She's there with only 2 other people...holy ...!!

Blaznfire911 said...

How do you rank having 30 comments on your post?????

man...your popular! That's more than me with my PE post LOL

-Sir Jack said...

Vix, my love, it must be my animal magnetism!! *smiles & swigs*

Blaznfire911 said...

LOL jack!

Well I came online for just a bit today, and was hoping to read about your trip to the hideout.

WHERE IS IT LOVE?????

Ahhh alas I must be off soon for the wedding. Maybe I can come back online later to chat.

vicky