There's a lot of talk about smoking lately. Where and when
in particular, especially with "no smoking" in certain public places.
Many people are quitting...but are they?
Or are they choosing to smoke in the car, closet, garage...???
Some people choose to smoke the more herbal type of cigs
these days...legal and illegal.
So my question for you is...
Do you smoke?
If you still do...where and what?
Have you tried quitting?
Do you inhale or are you just trying to be cool?
Have a smokin' Thursday!!!
17 comments:
Nice topic, Jack! I inhaled a couple of times, years ago, in my late teens. Regular cigs. Didn't like the inhalation...familial respiratory problems. But I loved the taste!
So, no inhaling for me. I still have a pack of cigs that gets carried around for an emergency...cabin usage when alone. Just for the taste. Husband abhors the smell and the taste; nearly divorced due to this quirk of his! Not that I need the cigs, but because "Hey, don't tell me what I can and cannot do!" My pack is my little act of marital rebellion!
Illegal cigs...never tried them, luv! Been wondering what I missed...the summer of my discontent! LOL! "Dirty mouth? Clean it up!"
G'morning Lotus! You are a strong-minded little flower!! It's always good to hang on to things you like to do...otherwise who are you?? Oh, that's right we don't know who you are... *smiles* Anyway, good for you being yourself...a rebel!!
Never tried the greener stuff...??
Well, that's probably good in your case...because that stuff is a whole 'nother game!! *wicked grin*
Have a good one love!!
Mummmmmmmmmmmmmm...something new to add to my Bucket List?
You are the little dicken's, Jack, Luv! *wicked grin right back at cha'*
I like to smoke. Even though I know it is bad for me. But I don't like to smoke indoors. I prefer to smoke outside.
As far as quitting.. yeah, that is an ongoing process and almost as much of my life as being on a diet. Someday the stars and the moon will line up and I will stop smoking and loose weight.
Yes, I smoke.... I quit when I found out I was pregnant with my DD. Stayed quit for 3+ years. Started back up when I was going thru my divorce. (Wish I had never started up again) I smoke where I want as long as its not illegal to do so.... I burn lots of candles and incense to rid the house of the smoke smell.
As far as the "illegal".... hmmmm.... NOT illegal in Cali! ;)
Judge, be careful what you ask of the Universe. You might get a gift from the the Universe that you did not expect!
Sorry, Judge, I got cut off before I could finish my little speech...and now I don't remember what I was going to say! LOL! Sucks to get old! I'll get back to you on Lotus' ponderings regarding the Universe, luv.
Well, lots of interesting thoughts!
Lotus, I am aren't I. *grins*
Judge, keep trying...someday you'll be able to quit. *crosses fingers*
Minxie, I'm soo jealous. I'm moving to Cali!!!
Me, I used to smoke socially & recreationally. Rarely do it these days. I love virtual smoking though...it's so relaxing and won't compromise my health. Goes good with rum & coke too!!
*tee hee*
Minxie...mail, love!!
I'm with you Lotus,
Tried it a couple a times as a teen, didn't take! (very greatful now) LOL
Won't mention the other... ;)
Yes Jack, I still smoke. I quit for a whole year, and my hubby kept on puffing away...so after a while it became hard for me not to smoke. Even after I asked him to stop, he continued.
I NEVER smoke at work, only when I am on the computer, or out and about.
I don't know what it is about cigs that keeps me smoking them. I quit cold turkey without a problem, and I never feel the need to smoke during the day.....only at night.
hello ~ wonder over from minxie blog ~ wanted to chime in on your survey here ~ i use to be a smoker. i spent years trying to quit ~ then i developed a Duodenal ulcer and found that smoking irritated it, so i quit cold turkey. that was last year.
i still find myself with a cig in hand every once in a while when i'm drinking, but not all that much anymore. i don't want the ulcer back!!
Hi Shakes & Blazn'! Thanks for stopping in at the Island and telling us all your experiences!!
Time of day can greatly affect your cravings....thanks again loves!!
Hello christine...welcome to my island!! I'm glad you came over to chime in! Sorry to hear about your ulcer my love, but it does give you reason to cut back. *smiles*
Come back and chime in anytime, you are always welcome on the island!!
-cheers love!
Oh and by the way...you nearly got hosed at Minxie's yesterday!!! There's always a next time...
*smiles*
Jack, don't you be hosin' the new Christine! Wait until she's the old Christine! :D Hi Christine; glad you popped over to Jack's Island. It's not called "the answer to every woman's prayers" for nothing! LOL!
Post a Comment