
Welcome back...last day of our tour of Little Bohemia.
This is a sign just inside the restaurant doors.

They have a display of a few Dillinger items...
not much there right now, as most of it is still
out on loan to Public Enemies.

Above, it a empty shell, and a bullet-ridden tin can
used for practice.

This is the back of the restaurant...you can see people
inside enjoying their delicious dinners and the evening
sunset across the lake.

This is a view from the boat landing (behind my back).
I loved the LUNCH sign.

This is the lake frontage that Dillinger used for
his escape. "He ran that way!"

Thanks for coming on the tour.
Next up... Al Capone's Hideout.
Happy 4th everyone!! Cheers!
145 comments:
YAY!
Cranky loves Tours by Sir Jack!
Great pictures, thanks for sharing!
Happy 4th to you too.
Great pictures, Sir Jack! Can't wait for The Hideout pics. You may have missed your calling as a tour guide!
This is so strange. I went to Minxie's blog and could not get in!!! (?She doesn't like me anyomore?) I hope the fires out in CA have not shut down the internet for some reason! Anyone else have this problem?
Never mind. I finally broke into Minxie's blog. YOU CAN'T KEEP ME OUT, MINXIE!!!! (insert evil laugh here)
Hi Cranky & Sir, happy July 4th! Cranky, did you get some sleep last night!?!
Thanks for the tour wrap, very nice! Minxie's wan't open yet Lotus? I was jsut heading that way, glad you took care of it! LOL
P.S. Sir Jack, did you get your Sweeney Todd pics that I emailed? And additional vacation pics. Just wondering.
HI SHAKES!!! (waves & jumps up & down for attention)
Tee hee! Sir, did you notice on the old Little Bohemia sign that they served DUCK!!! I wonder if it had plum sauce. Hummmmmm.
Hi Lotus!
*leans out window, aims North and waves back!*
Sir Jack,
I love your vacation pictures!! They are awesome. Did you take any in Hayward and Bayfield? Or must I be a patient little poppet and wait ?
Happy 4th Sir Jack of the Seas...
Judge :)
Hey, Jack, is that a picture of YOU standing on the dock at sunset? Inquiring minds...
Hi Sir Jack, nice sunset photo & tour!
Hi Lotus, cranky, Shakes & Judge!!
Happy 4th to you all!
Yeah, Sir Jack, who is that on the dock? Spill it!
Hi cranky, lotus, Shakes, Judge, calypso, thanks for stopping by on the 4th!!
Cranky--more tours coming your way love!
Lotus, DUCK!!! My nightmares are gonna return... I loved the Sweeney pix Lotus...do you like me new look?
Shakes--great to see you love!!
Judge, be patient my love, Bayfield is coming up soon.
Lotus, no comment.
Calypso, hello & you should know better...don't encourage Lotus.
Yes, Jack, I love your new look! You are so...menacing!
"No comment, hey?" IT IS YOU! Calypso, I've contacted my former friends at NSA and they are inspecting the photo in question as we blog! Sir Jack's REAL idenity should SOON be known by more than his inner-most circle. ;)
OH Jack is on the dock? hmmmm..... very interesting indeed!!!
lotus, I've got my "sources" on it as well...... lets see what they have to say about it!
Go get 'em, Minxie!
Hmmm....
That's two former NSA'ers and Minxie's 'sources', we should have this mystery unravelled in no time!
Hope you all are out doing fun family stuff today, I worked till jsut now, grrr... Now I have to cook for our trip to Black River Falls tomorrow, double grrr....
Have a great weekend!
Hey, Shakes! Sorry you had to work today. But TGIF!!!! Yep, with all three of us on the case Sir Jack doesn't stand a chance! (We'll ignore the fact that us 3 have been on the case for a while already, with no success. SSshhh.)
Be careful driving Auntie to Black River Falls. But what a beautiful place to drive to!
SHAKES!!!! HELLO!!! SHAKES!!!!! Shakes, go back to Minxie's blog if you haven't already read it! Go Girl Go!
Happy 4th of July, Sir Jack!
Just stopping in for a moment. And now I'm gone. . .
NSA...means Not Saying Anything.
I can tell you something though...
What, Jack, what? Tell us something! How was your night?
Let's see...today I saw some ducks, some decorated bicycles, fish, chain racing, gaunlet racing...
So, you didn't answer my questions...how many G&Ts?
"So, you didn't answer my questions...how many G&Ts?" Huh? Did you ask me a question, Sir?
Yes, on Calypso's blog...you're flying high tonight love?
Sorry, let me go to Calypso's blog! I am NOT flying high!
OK, I answered you Sir! I'm running through three blogs tonight! That's a lot for an old witch like me!
I think you're younger under that witches costume...love.
Not by much!
Actually, tech speaking, I am older than that witch's costume. I was born before the movie. Geez, where's my coffin?
Like it better here Lotus? Not sure if there are as many lurkers...?
LMFAO Lotus!!
Yea, Jack, I like your place better! Fewer eyes are watching. Or are they?
I'm pretty sure hardly anyone...according to my map!
nobody importane... just me...
ooohh you've changed agian!
Mmm yes!
OK, Sir, you have the BEST pictures! Where did you get this one? Reminds me of the rum on the beach shot...
Why don't pirates drink beer on the beach? They don't want to get sand in their Schlitz. :D
blllssspppt. Lotus, you made me spit my rum out...oh well, there's more where that came from!
*swigs & grins*
GREAT tour! Really liked it!
Can't wait for the hideout! been dying to see what it looks like now. it's been ages since I was there!
Are you guys bloggin on two blogs tonight???????
How am I ever going to keep up with the two of you?
Blazn- I know love...I feel guilty about not getting it up on blog for you...soon love!
Jack - I want to invite you and Lotus to my secret place LOL
Send me your email (if you want to)
Sir, I am NOT going to touch that last post with a 10 foot pole! Too easy!
And, yes, Blazn just do what we do. Move from one to the other.
I spit mine out over at Minxies on acident!
Blazn has a secret place? Hummmm! Enchanting!
toodles! do I have to say nite on each one???
LMAO Lotus!
It is a specail blog LOL
Blazn' my email has been "exposed" for a while...go see my profile or something. *smiles & swigs*
I'm going to say yes shakes LOL
LOL ok Jack
G'nite Shakes...remember love, you are in my thoughts!! Have a great trip!!
Night Shakes. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm happy that Sir Jack is exposed. :)
Exposed and thirsty!! I'm off to get more rum...
Naughty Doc!
Thanks Sir!
Nite bestest Lotus flower...
OMG LMAO
I am a little drunk FOR REAL...off the rum we've been drinking today LOL
Lotus will blossom just for you! That should be my new slogan!
Night Shakes. See above slogan. Blazn, join the crowd. I'm happy on Sherry!
Gets to you after a bit, eh Doc? all this running in circles? Best to go in the other direction for a while! TFF
DID i say nite here yet?
OK, turning off comuter now! can't figure out where I'm at!!
thansk all...
Cheers lover!!
I think Blazn wants us to have more privacy...what do you think love?
LOL yes it deos a bit, but that's what sailing the high seas is all about!!
Night shakes!
LOL Jack! I am lurking a bit.
OK, Sir, here's my question for tonight (but just on this blog)...is Calypso your (how shall I say this so you don't wiggle around the question, hummm?) girlfriend? YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!?!
*sings* I'm going to a secret place with stories!!
And I'm taking me rum too...
LMAO Jack!
It's a magical place LOL
I made it to share things with people that are funny, cheesy, and personal. :)
What? Are you saying I'm cheesy? Funny? Personal? Eh, okay.
I'm skipping over to vixen's...maybe my lips will be looser over there...
LMAO! Cheesy in a good way
Oooo, loose lips! I'll meet you at Blazn's!
I think Jack is wiggling away from your question Lotus
LMAO Lotus! I was just thinking the same thing
Blazn, you really are a tart! And I should know!
so weird Jack...the Lunch picture is one of six from Little Bo that I can't get off my memory card as well as another picture I took of the escape route and a couple of bullit hole shots of the balcony side...it was the Dillinger Effect.
Hey, Osh, we were just hanging out. Did you have a good 4th? And how was Little Bo? What did you eat?
Hi Oshy...if you're still lurking...
Lotus did you sail over?
Osh, did you take a picture of a strange man on the dock at sunset? =;D
I'm here Jack, I don't know if Osh is still around. Can't find her and I've looked behind ALL of your rum barrels!
Oh God..my rum barrels...they're so dusty!!
Lotus, my love, you're so intriguing.
I don't know why?
I might have taken a picture of a strange man at sunset...
I know a lot of strange men...
I ordered the ribeye...
we had so much food...although the pea and peanut salad was odd.
Ohsy, the pea and peanut salad was sort of oniony...didn't you think? Yet I still liked it...it was unusual.
Probably because you've been drinking rum and you have less human contact than even I do! Not that humans are anything special...I generally like animals better! :D
Lotus, aren't we all part animal is some way??
Hey, Osh, you found us!!! Yea! Rib eye...mmmuuummm!
I know I am!! But you don't like cougars, so I don't know...
so you think of yourself as part cougar do you? I thought you'd choose something more green and unsocial...?
Hey Jack, Minxie's is the rum blog...your's can be the G&T blog! Osh likes G&T's also.
Ahh, more rum, more rum...
yes, oniony...I couldn't decide if I liked it or not, although I had about 8 bites!
Tomorrow another day on the beach...I finished Pretty Boy Floyd today by Larry Mcmurtry...very good fictionalized version of his life...2 thumbs up...tomorrow I will just have trashy magazines to read. I could live up here forever...there are about 6 houses in the subdivision that my friends live in that we would buy in a heartbeat if we could...walking up every morning to deer in the yard and eagles in trees and soaring above is my idea of heaven.
Rum blog...wtf...a rum blog?
*gasp* Rum!! Blog!!
Nyce.
Cougars are pretty unsocial. I don't know of anything that is green and unsocial, in the animal world that is. Even fungi are communal!
waking up, not walking up
Oshy, it is a beautiful area!! How's the real estate for pricing compared to Oshkosh love?
hey Jack...the signs you found in the garage at Little bo were used on their float...
Osh, are you in the woods of Lake Tomohawk? I think I saw that on blog. It is very nice there! Have you gone to the Windmill for icecream? You HAVE to do that while you are there!
fungi are communal? Alright, elaborate on that my love!!!!
"fungi are communal?" I'm not real good at biology, but they do hang out together!
You know I saw your blog with the Little Bo pix...very nice. I was surprised about that sign! I'm glad you got that for your blog!
Looks like you had a great time!!
Did Evan like it?
What a stretch Lotus...you!!! Communal, hang out together...hey that's what we are, aren't we love?
Osh, do you REALLY know a lot of strange me?
LMFAO, strange me? Lotus...too much sherry my love!?
let me try to find the house Jack
Yes, Jack, we ARE communal! We do hang out together! We could all move up north and hang out together! Online. :D
Oshybgoshy! Where else will you be going while you're up in Eaglesville?
(we saw an eagle eating roadkill, TFF)
Hey, Jack, you just beat Minxie's blog posts! Woo hoo!
You know, I really liked Vixen's storyville apartment...I think I'll make a nice place like that and invite others over. Maybe tomorrow?
It could be called Sir Jack's Island Hut...LMAO. I need another dirnk.
*pours*
So many hits? Hmmm?
Yeah or I could call it Sir Jack's Secret Cabin...
Or Sir Jack's Hideout...??
Or... Jack's Little Bo
Sorry, I was off looking at Osh's pictures of Little BO! GREAT pics! Who told you about the actor looking for 'companionship'? Did they hook him up?
We are just hanging out here and then back to Oshkosh tomorrow night. Scott has to work Sunday night. Oh boo hoo for him!
I vote for Jack's Secret Cabin! You could set it up in the Wisconsin Northwoods. Make sure you have plenty of rum and gin & tonic. Don't forget the limes & coconuts!
Yeah Oshy, who was that? I can delete it afterwards.
Lime in the Coconut! I love Harry Nilsson!!
Yea, Osh, we won't tell anyone! Plus I'm sure the guy could have found any number of women willing to knock boots with him! Unfortunately, most of the women up there are short on teeth! But, hey, better to gum you with my dear!
Lotus, you never cease to dismay me!!
Teeth. You're funnier than an undead monkey!
I guess she's just lurking now...
SO Jack's Secret Cabin ehy?
Well, Jack, I have to get to bed! You had better sleep off that hangover, too! It's been fun. See you again soon. Maybe we can meet in Sir Jack's Secret Cabin! (wink, wink)
So true Lotus, my hangover is lurking...I must go off to bed as well. Have a good rest!!! Tomorrow I'll try to build Jack's Secret Cabin!!
That's what my brother used to say about the women up north! Big breasts and missing teeth! And those were the good ones. LOL! I can't really argue too much with it. :)
someone and his family stayed someplace else...the name escapes me, but I was told the family greatly enjoyed their time up here.
I'll be able to remember the name when I get home...it wasn't a private house, I don't think.
Lotus, I heard Alan Jackson and Mel Gibson have places up here too, is that right?
Nice house, Oshy!! Great price too.
Can hubby find work up there?
So are you saying that some of the actor's actually stayed at Little Bohemia? Because we all know that is where the fire was.
Our neighbor up north works at a higher-end dining establishment in M.W. and he told my hubby that many of the film crew were rude and obnoxious. Asking for things not on the menue; things that would have had to have been special ordered way in advance! Then they were snotty when they were told those ingredients were not available!
That's news to me, Osh. But I don't know everything! (Shut up, Sir Jack!) Actually, I have heard a lot of stars have had or have places around the Land O Lakes area. Nothing would surprise me!
So much for going to bed, huh, Jack? OK, I'm really gong now!
no, I was mistaken about hte fire location...I got confused for a minute
but your friend is correct....everything you said is what L. told my friend and was said to me...
It is a very high end resort...ugh the name escapes me!
Oshy feel free to trash the posts you want gone...
Lotus, my lovely Lotus, I'm too tired and wasted to pick a fight with you. LOL, LMFAO
G'nite love.
I wasn't picking a fight Jack! I was merely pointing out the obvious, that neither of us went to bed like we said we were. It's all Osh's fault! :D
REALLY, this time i'm gone!
In order for hubby to find work up here I would have to type up and submit his resume and go on the interviews for him.
He works as an imaging tech for a very large printing company with plants mostly in southeast Wisconsin...
I was actually offered a great teaching job here last year with state benefits, but it just didn't work out that Scott could handle being Mr Mom.
G'nite Oshy. Sorry you had to see that. She gets witchy when she's tired...we still love her anyway.
Thanks for sharing some of your tidbits...would you like to be invited to Sir Jack's Secret place when it becomes available?
like all the posts? lol
of course, I love secret places! Please!
Oshy-you might be surprised...they might have Imaging jobs around up there...does he want to move up there? Or is he just being a butthead about finding work?
Well, if you want to...all the posts sweetheart.
he could be a butthead!
jack, don't use my email on my blog to invite me...use that to email me for my real email, k?
thanks!
and then I will tell you the actor.
Oshy, Ok, I will email you when I get the secret blog up and running love.
My email is up now if you need it Oshy!
Good morning! I'm lurking...in & out today. And Osh, can I know the actor's name also? Please! I would love to know some dirt!
Post a Comment