Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Shining - Remixed Movie Trailer



Saturday night I watched The Shining...a movie based on Stephen King's novel and directed by Stanley Kubrick. One of my favorite horror movies! Great camera work in this film....(when you watch it, remember Kubrick directed Space Oddessy 2001...keep that in the back of your mind during the movie)....extra wide shots!! Jack Nicholson is perfectly crazy and Shelley Duvall, well she'll always be Olive Oil from the movie Popeye to me. And we can't forget little Danny Lloyd who did a great "Danny isn't here Mrs. Torrence," with his first finger. I think he grew up to be a ventriloquist-just kidding. LOL

While watching the movie, I remembered stumbling onto this "remix" of the Shining movie trailer on YouTube about a month ago. It's really well done, using clips from the movie to create a new warm and fuzzy Shining. If you have problems viewing it here's a direct link to it on YouTube.

8 comments:

Working Slob said...

Nickelson is one of my favorite actors of all time! He really can bring the crazy when necessary or bring the funny if the role calls for it.

As far as "The Shining".. I have never sat and watched all of it. I'm not a big horror movie person so the first time I jump out of my seat is usually when the movie stops. But I have done bits and pieces over the years of "The Shining" so I think I might give it a try after reading your review. I'll let you know if I make it through it.

-Sir Jack said...

Judge, at least watch this trailer...I think you'll like it!!

Vickie said...

Love Jack.

Love The Shining (the novel).

Love King.

HATE KUBRICK*.

I've watched the movie several times, and there are some really great parts. Jack brings the crazy like no other. The really nailed the creepiness of the story.

But there are parts of this movie that aren't great and they missed sooooooooooooooooo much of the book, that overall I was disappointed. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it.

*except, of course, for Dr. Strangelove. That movie is all kinds of awesome.

Anonymous said...

Sir Jack ~ thanks for the video clip of The Shining. I love Jack Nicholson and his sarcasm. I enjoyed the original film more as opposed to the remake with Steven Weber.

The clip is rather upbeat and nothing like the movie. Peter Gabriel singing Salsbury Hill is a nice added touch!!

~ signed Pittsburgh

-Sir Jack said...

Cranky, my love...
Dr. Strangelove!!...Now we're talking pure art and a really really great screenplay!!

-Sir Jack said...

Pittsburg--I'm glad you liked the trailer...yeah it's nothing like the movie!!!

shakenbsis said...

Sorry Sir! I must be somehow impaired... I can't seem to watch any of yor clips, even when JI go directly to YouTube!

Usually I see YouTube stuff fine... giving up for now, got to get out the door...

Have a greatday!

Vickie said...

My darling Sir Jack.

Masterpiece, most definitely!

Major Kong