
Our good bartender from Hereford & Hops told us about this brewery.
He highly recommended it...and now we know why.
It has fabulous beer and food.
Very organic, very, very, and I'm not kidding you,
tasty stuff here!!

We started our lunch with a set of "samplers." Our two favorites are
pictured above on the left. "Bloom" (far left) and the one with the lemon
slice is called "The Cyclist." Both are perfect beverages for lunch...
and speaking of lunch...

We ordered two items off the menu to share.
One was a chicken wrap...sorry don't remember the
name of it. It was excellent & fresh!!

Our other treat was the "Red Eye Special."
A delicious salad with beautiful pieces of avocado.

A nice big window so that you can observe the magic!!
Red Eye was one of my favorite breweries so far...
top of the list for them!!
I plan on going back for more growlers soon!!!
25 comments:
OK, Jack, is the Red Eye in Wausau? If yes, then you have told me something I didn't already know! Woo hoo! The food looked very good, esp. the salad; I've never eaten a salad with sliced/diced/whole avocado's. Something new to try! The drinks looked good, too, but I'm trying to cut back!
Jack, why don't you write a book abouts all the intriquing places you visit in Wisconsin? You can have Calypso there to help with the pictures! And WI people would know where to go for all these cool things to do!
BTW, do the employees at the restaurants, breweries think it's strange that you are taking pictures of food & drinks? Esp. the food! LOL
Sir,
I tried to stop by the cabin over my lunch period. It wasn't there, or maybe I wasn't there, I'm not sure which but I couldn't get there. I just thought you may want to know.
OK, it was me!!!
I looked over my shoulder and there it was. I'll have to use my GPS next time.
Jack as always I love checking out your stuff and seeing what photo Lotus has up today :)
Happy Friday Sir Jack and crew!!
Lotus, yes, it's in Wausau, your backyard love!!
That's a good idea about writing a book about these interesting places.
Yes, they think we're funny, esp. when I ask to take their picture too!!
Whoosy, glad you found it mate!
Come join us some evening!!
You have made me hungry! All that food and drink looks just YUMMY! Sounds like you had a great time! I will have to go there and try it for sure!
Sir Jack, this is the first time I've posted to your blog, but your is part of my daily reads. I'm not from WI and have enjoyed your writeups and photos of Little Bo, Capone's hideaway, etc. Great photos as well.
I decided to post today because of your pictures of food. I'm so glad to see someone else takes pictures of food and then writes about it.
When I'm out with friends at a new restaurant and want to critique it they don't understand why I need food pictures. LOL
So thank you. The food really looks appealing and the restaurant sounds great. :)
oh, and I want to add writing a book about the places you visited is a great idea!!
Thanks for stopping by to read my blog & such...and for your kind comments.
BTW, where are you from love?
Sir Jack.....are you Sir Michael???
anonymously.....
Sir Jack ~ I will give you a hint ~ where I am from Pirates are the "boys of summer". ;)
You want to know if I am Sir Michael?
... silly anon ...
I am the Mysterious Sir Jack!
Ok Anon 9:57...
I'll take a wild stab at that one...
Pirates, boys of summer...
Hmmmm...
Neverland!!! LOL
Just kidding anon 9:57.
my real answer is Pittsburg.
LOVE the food pics!
I would eat here, love organic...
mmmmm.....
OK, Lotus that was one more good advertisement to head north...
;)
hello anon, you are most interesting ;)
Anon--Nice to meet you. Great minds think alike! Another vote for your book Jack.
Woops! I should have changed my clothes before I met the new person. Sorry, was out partying last night!
Jack..... you never cease to amaze me!!! I love your photos.... and wow! The food and drink!!! You are so worldly and open to new things! I love that about you!
Happy Saturday love!!!!
Hey, I got some GREAT mead, want some?
Looks like I'm heading up to Wausau today...hot air balloons & beer!!
Play nice with anon, ladies!!
Thanks Minxie, I'll have a sip for the road. Catch up with you all soon! Have a great Saturday!!
HAVE FUN, Jack! Tell those balloon pilots to watch out fer me flyin' monkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes, pittsburgh is correct! which really isn't too far from Neverland;)
nice to meet you too lotus, no need to change clothes ~ you're fine just the way you are.
thank you shakenbsis, i like to think i am interesting. :)
Sir Jack, can't wait to hear about Wausau!
Hope you all have a nice evening ~ what's left of it and a happy tomorrow. :)
(by the way lotus ~ i love the wizard of oz).
Hi, Anon...I have to dress like this. Jack says I'm "nothin' but a bleedin' witch." At least, I THINK he said witch! Ha, ha!
Hope your Saturday was great also! And do like the Wizard of Oz. I love Wicked, have you seen it?
Hello from Wausau! You're right Lotus...too windy for the balloons! BUT not too windy for beer!! We went to Central Waters Brewing tonight... great stuff here! They will be added to the blog one of these days.
Pittsburg Anon...more food pix coming your way too!!
One more chance for balloons tomorrow am...EARLY!! 6am! We'll see if I sleep through the alarm...hope not!!
I peeked in at the cabin and all I heard was snoring!! Sleepyheads all of you!!
Cross your fingers & toes that tomorrow's winds are kind to the hot air balloons & Sir Jack!!
Cheers & G'nite loves!
Post a Comment