Last weekend we took a detour from Wausau to
a little town in Wisconsin called Marshfield.
We stoppped in at Central Waters BrewPub
to sample their brew and have dinner.

Central Waters is located in the old Parkin Place dairy processing plant.
Parkin Dairy was known for their molded ice cream desserts.
a little town in Wisconsin called Marshfield.
We stoppped in at Central Waters BrewPub
to sample their brew and have dinner.

Central Waters is located in the old Parkin Place dairy processing plant.
Parkin Dairy was known for their molded ice cream desserts.

We tried every one of their beers on tap LOL.
I'm just showing you one of the few trays.
One of their most popular beer is Tiger's Eye.
A golden English pale alethat is hopped with "English Fuggles".
Wasn't our favorite...
We really enjoyed the Loch Ness scotch ale and the Mud Puppy porter!
So delicious, we picked up a few growlers.

Appetizers!! Fried pickle slices, calamari and mozzarella marinara.
The pickles really went well with the brew!

We ordered a few sandwiches...The Pub!
Grilled prime rib...very tasty!

Chicken Pesto Panini...loved it!

Some photos from prohibition...WE WANT BEER!!

The works!!
Great brewpub, I highly recommend it.
BIG variety of brews here and a great menu of tasty sandwiches that hit the spot!
8 comments:
WE WANT BEER! As Ben Franklin said, "Beer is man's proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" Ben was such a pistol!
Great pictures again Jack! How is that book coming along?
MMmmmmmm! That prime rib looks good. Never had deep fried pickles! ;) (sounds like good beer food though)
Hey, Shakes! How are you? Talk later in the cabin, I hope.
Pppsssttt...Jack's in the cabin!!
Sir Jack ~ great blog! I prefer wine over beer, but that beer sure does look tasty!! Great food pictures too. Me hungry.
Can't wait to see where you go next.
(signed pittsburgh)
I love that saying Lotus! Book...on my mind, love.
Shakes, you have to try fried pickles...they are better than they sound!
Pittsburg, good to see you back! I'm not really one for beer either. I like the harder stuff...and wine. But, you'd be surprised by all the different flavor and aroma of each brew. Very similar to wine in that respect!
So do you get out and travel around PA? What are some of your favorite places?
Sir Jack, you are looking especially fine this good morning! Or, maybe it's just my endorphins running amuck. LOL!
aka: Waylaid Wanderlust
I would be willing to try the beer. Not that I've lived a sheltered life, just never ventured out to a brewery. hmm....might need to put that on my list of things to do this summer.;)
I toured the Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg, TN many years ago ~ that was interesting because JD is brewed in a dry locality. The taste test consisted of ice tea for dark and lemonade for light. I've also toured a couple wineries in the Nappa Valley. You may laugh at this, but I've never had straight rum. Had it in mix drinks, but never straight.
I do travel over PA quite a bit. born and raised here ~ my favorite place ~ oh, so many, but to name a few: Pocono Mountains,Pennsylvania Grand Canyon, and World's End.
Have you ever been to PA?
signed Pittsburgh
Post a Comment